Know infallible tips to get your abdomen back after giving birth and get well with your body.
The belly, for sure, is the part of the body that undergoes more transformations during the nine months of pregnancy. The uterus, originally the size of a pear, grows to the size of a watermelon – which causes all the other organs in the area to move upwards. The abdominal muscles part and go to the sides. To accompany these movements, the skin stretches as much as it can, it becomes more fragile and dry.
Well, it’s a little of everything. You gained some weight, which is exactly what you were supposed to do. Your abdominal muscles — two parallel bands of muscles that support your core — stretched out.
Best tips in the postpartum belly
Despite all these frightening changes, our body is prepared to return to what it was before. But we need to help you. And the first step is to start with care even during pregnancy. Check out the 18 most important tips given by experts to get your abdomen back.
During the pregnancy
1. The best guarantee of success in the “I want my abdomen back” project is to control weight gain during pregnancy. The more you put on weight, the more difficult it will be to lose the extras and deal with a possible flab. Doctors advise gaining 11 to 15 kilos in the nine months. Remember: being pregnant does not mean eating for two. Experts point out that 300 more calories per day are ideal – something equivalent to a natural sandwich with whole-grain bread and dough or a slice of cake accompanied by fruit juice. Control yourself to postpartum belly!
2. Another attitude that helps to monitor the weight and aesthetics of the abdomen is physical exercise. Talk to your doctor because your health and physical activity history, in addition to the progress of your pregnancy, will determine when and where to start. Some obstetricians only release exercises after the first trimester while others advise starting earlier.
3. Anyone who already does some kind of activity can continue with the necessary adaptations for the new phase. Sedentary women, on the other hand, should choose low-impact modalities such as walking, swimming, water aerobics, and pilates. Yoga is a great option since it can be made from the beginning of pregnancy until the end, with tailored lessons and will help a lot with breathing and posture of the expectant mothers.
4. Another change that worries women is the stretch marks that can appear on the belly during pregnancy. They are caused by the stretching of the abdomen and weight gain very fast. The appearance of this problem is associated with genetic issues, but moisturizing the area very well can prevent its appearance.
Here is the best cream, oil, and ointment for stretch marks pregnancy in the postpartum belly
5. Apply the moisturizer at least twice a day to the abdomen. Prefer specific products for pregnant women, which have more potent ingredients and no harmful chemicals. Hydration will help not only to combat stretch marks but also to reduce the itchy feeling, caused by the stretching and drying of the skin.
6. In the bath, use oils with almonds and grape seed to help hydrate. After passing over the belly, do a quick rinse and pat dry with a towel.
7. Don’t worry if a slightly brown line appears on your belly. The black line, as it is known, is born because of the pregnancy hormones and disappears a few months after delivery. Avoid sunbathing to avoid darkening it further.
8. During pregnancy, do not use products to bleach hair on the abdomen. In addition to the risk of causing allergies, they have ammonia, a substance that can affect the baby’s development.
9. The best way to lose those extra pounds – and consequently the extra belly – is to breastfeed. The act, in addition to helping the mother bond with the child and protecting the baby, also causes the woman to spend about 750 calories daily. The same as an aerobics class, with the advantage that you don’t have to leave the house!
10. Postpartum hormonal changes plus running routine and sleepless nights can make you hungry. For the sake of your future belly, control yourself, and find other ways to calm your anxiety, such as talking to your friends, meditating, or watching television.
11. Investing in healthy eating remains the best to not end your plans. Instead of buying temptations, fill the fridge with vegetables, legumes, and fruits – preferably already prepared for when the hunger strikes.
12. Drink lots of water, about 3 liters a day, especially if you are breastfeeding. In addition to the body needing the substance to produce milk, water stimulates the functioning of the kidneys, accelerating the elimination of fluids that are retained by the body. And improves the appearance of the belly.
13. Go back to physical activities. Obstetricians generally release the exercises two or three weeks after a normal delivery and four to six weeks for those who have had a cesarean section. The latter should avoid abdominal strain in the first three months. You can start by pushing the baby stroller in the park, for example. And when you’re ready, increase the amount and power of the exercise on a treadmill or exercise bike.
14. A good tip is to take yoga classes, which strengthens the stomach muscles, toning, and helping the organs to return to their place of origin. There are a series of asanas (physical postures) that help to strengthen the abdomen, causing the skin and muscles to return to their natural tone.
15. Using a brace after childbirth helps the abdomen muscles to return to their normal position and the internal organs are better positioned. Prefer models of more natural fabrics and without wires. It is advisable to use it for five months.
16. Continue to use a good moisturizer. You can re-use your favorite, continue with your chosen one during pregnancy, or invest in a new brand as long as it is reliable.
17. The lymphatic drainage can help a lot. Smooth, slow movements stimulate circulation by reducing fluid retention in the body and reducing swelling, including the abdomen.
18. Some aesthetic treatments can be good allies for your belly, especially if stretch marks have appeared over the nine months. They will help to make it look better, although there is nothing to completely eliminate stretch marks.
Leave a Reply